Feeling too tired to cook? Don’t fret, eggs are always there to your rescue! They are not only easy to cook but also are a powerhouse of nutrients. Eggs are rich in protein but low in calories, inexpensive and tasty, which makes them a perfect base for innumerable healthy meals.
For most people, eggs are a morning affair. But they can also be a good place to start when you’re stumped for lunch or dinner options. Check out these 30 quick and easy egg recipes to get started.
1) Cheese omelette
Let’s start with the simplest option, omelette. It hardly needs any cooking experience and gets ready in minutes. You just have to get the ingredients and proportions right. Here’s the recipe.
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup onions and bell peppers (chopped)
- 1 sprig coriander leaves (chopped)
- ½ cup cheese (grated)
- 1tsp black pepper (crushed)
- Salt to taste
- 1tbsp oil
- Whisk the eggs in a bowl with black pepper and salt.
- Heat oil in a pan and add the onions, coriander leaves and bell peppers to it.
- Sauté for a minute and then add the whisked eggs.
- Allow it to cook for a few minutes until the base is set.
- Flip it over to the other side and add the grated cheese.
- Allow the cheese to melt. Serve hot.
2) Egg salad
A healthy option to start your day with. Egg salad has all the vital nutrients your body needs and it’s one of the easiest egg recipes.
- 3 extra-large eggs
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon of whole-grain or Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon of slivered almonds
- A pinch of fresh ground black pepper
- Armenian low-carb flatbread (optional)
- Boil some water in a saucepan and place the eggs in it. Cover the pan and let it sit on the hot burner for 8 minutes.
- Drain the water and run cold water over the eggs. Peel them and discard two of the yolks.
- Place the whole egg and the two whites in a bowl.
- Mash with a fork. Add the celery, parsley, mustard, almonds and pepper and mix.
- Eat as is or serve on a piece of flatbread.
3) Scrambled eggs
This is another easy way to have eggs. It’s a perfect egg recipe for lazy cooks.
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- Salt and pepper, as required
- 2 tsp. butter
- Whisk the eggs, milk, salt and pepper in a bowl until blended.
- Heat butter in a pan and allow it to get heated.
- Pour in the egg mixture. As the eggs begin to set, gently pull the eggs across the pan with a spatula, forming large soft curds.
- Cook till no visible liquid egg remains. Do not stir constantly. Serve hot.
4) Sunny side up
A foolproof egg recipe for the beginners. You just have to master the art of cracking eggs to get this recipe right.
- 1 egg
- Salt and pepper as required
- 2tsp butter
- Crack the egg gently into a cup or small bowl.
- Heat the butter in pan and allow it to melt.
- Gently pour the egg into the pan and make sure that the yolk remains intact.
- Cook until the white portion is opaque and the yolk has set, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Then sprinkle salt and pepper as desired. Now just slide the egg from the pan to a plate.
5) Deviled eggs
This recipe makes a good breakfast as well as a snack item. You can entertain your guests with this simple yet delicious egg recipe.
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Smoked Spanish paprika, for garnish
- Heat enough water to boil 6 eggs in a saucepan. Place the eggs and allow it to boil.
- Then cover, turn the heat down and cook for 1 minute. Remove the pan from heat and leave it covered for 14 minutes, then rinse under cold water continuously for 1 minute.
- Crack the egg shells and carefully and dry them with paper towels.
- Slice the eggs in half lengthwise and scoop out the yolks in a bowl.
- Place the egg whites on a serving platter.
- Mash the yolks into a fine crumble using a fork. Add mayonnaise, vinegar, mustard, salt, and pepper and mix well.
- Use a piping bag to fill this yolk mixture into the egg whites. Sprinkle with paprika and serve.