Online advertising is featured within certain select sections of Channel42’s website. Advertisers who want to advertise must ensure their ads meet the Channel42’s principles for advertising. Advertising generates revenue that helps support the Channel42’s ability to provide high-quality and informative content.
Placing an Ad on the Channel42’s Website
For more information on advertising with Channel42 including advertising principles, rate cards, ad/flash ad, rich media specifications and restrictions, please write to [email protected]
Advertising information and policies
Ads on www.channel42.in website conform with standard sizes recommended by the voluntary Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB) (https://www.iab.com/). We accept ads that appear in the right-hand column (Medium Rectangle), and at the bottom of the page (Leader board). Along with paid ads, channel42 house ads are placed on the site to help promote various channel42 services and products that are of interest to our readers.
Ads appearing on the channel42 website are directed toward readers interested in nice categories such as cooking, health, wellness etc. Certain pages on www.channel42.in have been identified and deemed not appropriate for commercial ads. On such pages we only feature “Channel42 house ads” that promote Channel42 products and services.
No advertisements that are misleading or giving false information will be accepted on Channel42 website.
Online advertisements on the Channel 42’s website do not collect personally identifiable information about individual visitors. Channel 42 does collect aggregate data on visitors, such as time of day and Web browser type but such information will not be shared with any third party for any reason and it will be only used to improve user experience.
Channel 42 may contain advertisements of third parties. The inclusion of advertisements on Channel42 does not imply endorsement of the advertised products or services by Channel42. Channel42 shall not be responsible for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the presence of such advertisements on the website. Further, Channel42 shall not be responsible or liable for the statements or conduct of any third party advertisers appearing on the website. You shall be solely responsible for any correspondence or transactions you have with any third party advertisers.
Links to Third Party Websites
Channel 42 may provide links (including any link through an on-line banner advertisement) to other sites on the Internet. These other sites are maintained by third parties over which Channel 42 exercises no control. The appearance of any such third party links is not intended to endorse any particular company or product. If you decide to access any of the third party sites linked to the Channel 42 website, you do so entirely at your own risk.
These principles have been formulated and applied by Channel 42 to ensure adherence to the highest ethical standards of advertising and to determine the eligibility of products and services for advertising on Channel42 website.
The appearance of advertising on www.channel42.in is neither a guarantee nor an endorsement by the Channel 42 of the product, service, or company or the claims made for the product in such advertising. The fact that an advertisement for a product, service, or company has appeared on www.channel42.in shall not be referred to in collateral advertising.
As a matter of policy, Channel 42 will sell advertising space on its websites when the inclusion of advertising does not interfere with the mission or objectives of Channel 42 or its publications.
To maintain the integrity of Channel 42, advertising (i.e., promotional material, advertising representatives, companies, or manufacturers) cannot influence editorial decisions or editorial content. Decisions to sell advertising space are made independently of and without information pertinent to specific editorial content. Channel 42’s advertising sales representatives have no prior knowledge of specific editorial content before it is published including all content posted on www.channel42.in
Channel 42, in its sole discretion, retains the right to decline any submitted advertisement or to discontinue posting of any advertisement previously accepted.
- Channel 42 allows Digital advertising on the website.
- All Digital advertisements must be readily distinguishable from editorial content. The word “advertisement” must be placed adjacent to the advertising image.
- Digital advertisements may appear as fixed banners or as animated advertisements.
- Digital advertisements that are fixed in relation to the viewer’s screen or that rotate should be placed to ensure that juxtaposition will not occur as screen content changes.
- Digital banner advertisements should be limited to no more than 2 advertisements per screen view.
- Channel 42’s official logo may not appear on commercial websites as a logo or in any other form without prior written approval by the individuals responsible for the respective areas.
- Advertisements may link to additional promotional content that resides on the Channel 42 website.
- Advertisements on Channel 42 may link off-site to a commercial website, provided that the viewer is clearly informed by the word “advertisement” adjacent to the image or link.
- Channel 42 will not link to websites that frame the Channel 42’s content without explicit permission. Also, links will not be provided for websites that prevent readers from returning to the original Channel42 website or other previously viewed screens, such as by disabling the viewer’s “back” button; or redirect the viewer to a website the viewer did not intend to visit.
- Channel 42 reserves the right to not link to or to remove links to other websites.